SBI PO Exam Notification 2015
The SBI PO Exam Notification 2015 was released today. The highlights of the same are visible in the image above. The details are given below. The biggest change in the pattern is – wait for it – introduction of the preliminary phase or PHASE 1 in the SBI PO 2015 exam.
Important Dates for SBI PO Exam 2015
Commencement of online registration of application: 13th April 2015
Last date of applying online: 2nd May 2015
Last date for printing your application: 17th May 2015
Online Fee Payment: 13th April to 2nd May 2015
Exam Date: Tentatively in June 2015
Let me add, it is not clear how long will be the gap between the PHASE I (Preliminary Exam for SBI PO 2015) and the PHASE II (Main Exam for SBI PO 2015)
Details of PHASE 1 of SBI PO Exam 2015
It will be a 1 hour exam
It will consists of:
English Language – 30 marks – 30 questions
Quantitative Aptitude – 35 marks – 35 questions
Reasoning – 35 marks – 35 questions
Important points regarding PHASE 1 – Preliminary Exam of SBI PO Exam 2015
1. Students will need to clear individual sectional cutoff to move to PHASE 2. This is a very important detail – please don’t ignore this. Even if you get a good overall score, you will need to clear the sectional cutoffs to move to PHASE 2 of SBI PO Exam 2015.
2. In my opinion, the cutoff for PHASE 1 of SBI PO 2015 exam will not be very high. Probably solving 6-7 questions in each category and an overall score of 20 should be enough.
3. The difficulty level of questions should be reasonably lower that the difficulty level of questions in the main exam. You cannot be expected to solve complicated reasoning questions in the PHASE 1 of SBI PO Exam 2015. Most probably, you will have a lot of direct questions like Number Series, Letter Series, Word Meanings – basically stuff that you can just look at and answer.
4. The ability to pick questions will matter more than anything else in PHASE 1 of SBI PO Exam.
5. They will be selecting 20 times the number of required candidates in PHASE 1 of SBI PO Exam – so don’t worry. Even if you are remotely serious about the exam and preparation of bank exams, you should be able to sail through it quite easily.
Now some of you might be wondering, why have the even launched or started this PHASE 1 / preliminary PHASE of SBI PO Exam. The reason is simple – DESCRIPTIVE PAPER in phase 2. Lakhs of students write the SBI PO Exam 2015 – it is extremely difficult to evaluate the descriptive paper of all of them. On the other hand, it will be a cakewalk to evaluate descriptive paper of roughly 40000 to 50000 students.
Details of PHASE II – Main Examination of SBI PO Exam 2015
Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer Descriptive test by typing on the computer. Immediately after completion of Objective Test, Descriptive Test will be administered.
Objective Test: The Objective Test of 2 hour duration consists of 4 Sections with 50 marks each (Total 200 marks) as follows:
Test of English Language (Grammar, Vocabulary, Comprehension etc.)
Test of General Awareness, Marketing & Computers
Test of Data Analysis & Interpretation
Test of Reasoning (High Level)
Descriptive Test: The Descriptive Test of 1 hour duration with 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay).
Important points regarding PHASE II – Main Examination of SBI PO Exam 2015
1. It is still not clear how much gap will be there between PHASE 1 and PHASE 2 of the exam.
2. Such a move will definitely increase the competition among students. Only the best will be participating in phase 2.
3. Those are might not be very serious initially, if they clear the PHASE 1 of SBI PO Exam, rest assured – they will give their everything for PHASE 2 or the SBI PO Exam.
4. The marks that you get in PHASE 2 of SBI PO Exam will be counted in the final selection. It will have 75% weightage.
5. It is hard to say what the cutoffs will be, but they are bound to be higher than last year.
Details of PHASE III – Group Discussion and Interview of SBI PO Exam 2015
It will consist of Group Discussion (20 marks) & Interview (30 marks). The aggregate marks of both Objective Test and Descriptive Test will be taken, and arranged in the descending order in each category and adequate number of top candidates will be called.
1. The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added for the selection
2. The marks obtained in the Main Examination (Phase-II) will have 75% weightage
3. The marks obtained in the Group Discussion & Personal Interview (Phase-III) will have 25% weightage